Before there were Harajuku girls, Gwen Stefani was fronting No Doubt and setting trends for teenage girls everywhere. Pairing tomboy with girlie girl, '90s Gwen is easy to pull off. All you need is a crop top and bright red lipstick. You can also pull out those bindis you've been hiding since 1995.
- American Apparel Cotton Spandex Crop Tank in White $28
- Hell Bunny Black Tartan Punk Trousers $65
- Black Bra Straps with Studs $6
- Dr. Martens Pascal Boots in Shiraz $97
- Wide Black Leather Belt Cuff $6
- Bindis Adorned with Stones $8
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Certainly Red $5
- Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Blackest Black $6
About the Author
October 26, 2013 by Jaime
Beck has come a long way since writing songs like “Loser” and “Devil’s Haircut” but oddly enough his fashion sense is still pretty much the same. Pick up a leather jacket and dress pants at the thrift store and you can pass as ’90s or present day Beck. The boombox is optional.September 21, 2013 by Jaime
David Bowie took fashion to a new level when he unveiled his alter-ego Ziggy Stardust. Part rock star, part alien-being, it takes more than just a colorful unitard and elaborate makeup to pull off this look. You need the confidence to go along with it. Of course, it also doesn’t hurt if you can sing.
March 7, 2013 by Jaime
Considered by many to be the “King of Grunge Rock”, Kurt Cobain became the unwillingly leader of a generation. His jaded attitude and “don’t care” appearance was something to which many kids could relate. Though his life was cut short, his music remains influential to this day.
There are no comments yet, add one below.